Hardwick Hall – Events and Engagement Volunteer (wk2jun17)
There is nothing like a fun-filled day out at Hardwick Hall and our Events and Engagement Volunteers help make it happen. No event is the same and we encourage flexibility in the tasks you perform. Some events last late into the evenings and sometimes we have to put on our rain coats and wellies and battle the elements. If you are able to maintain a good sense of humour and you thrive on being busy and delivering exceptional customer service, then this is the role for you.
By getting involved, you could
- Have fun and help visitors enjoy themselves
- Get experience of working on some of the best events around
- Help turn a field into a festival and back again in one day
- Join an enthusiastic and varied team and make some new friends
- Helping to plan events so they go smoothly
- Practical help with signage, marking out spaces for exhibitors, moving tables, putting up gazebos and so on.
- Making visitors feel welcome, answering any questions and encouraging them to get involved
- Promoting other events at Hardwick Hall and at other National Trust places locally.
- Preparing and leading creative workshops such as children’s craft activities when needed
- Proactive in dealing with visitor queries and being able to think on your feet to help deliver exceptional customer service.
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes getting to know health and safety and evacuation procedures
- There might occasionally be some other activities that are of interest to you, that we could use your help with.
This role will suit you if you are …
- Keen to gain experience of event planning and organisation.
- Someone who loves meeting people and enjoys working with families
- Cheerful and positive, even when the weather’s not on your side
- Willing to get stuck in with anything on a busy day
- Reasonably fit – as you could be on your feet all day
- Keen to help, but unable to commit to regular volunteering throughout the year
Find out more
Visit the National Trust website: www.nationaltrust.org.uk/volunteering