You may or may not know that The Volunteer Centre’s Safe & Sound project has reached the final of The Big Lottery / ITV People’s Choice awards. This project offers emergency care to elderly people who have nowhere else to turn. Help can be anything from taking someone to a medical appointment to more complex personal care issues.
It is important that you make your vote count for two reasons: (1) Without it this project could close later this year: (2) Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire and Bolsover receive less lottery funding than almost anywhere else.
So let’s change that and bring some funding into our communities. It takes about a minute to vote and you can vote as many times as you have email addresses. Simply follow the steps below:
- Go to thepeoplesprojects.org.uk and select the Calendar South region on the map (light green)
- Five projects will appear, click on the Safe & Sound project (you can watch the video on that page if you want)
- Click on the button ‘select this project’ and press continue
- Enter name, email address (and verify) phone number and post code
- You will receive an email asking you to verify your vote, if you do not click on this link your vote will not be counted
If you would rather vote by post card (or as well as) then call into the Centre as we have some printed out ready to go. Equally if you would like to vote via our computers then we can arrange that.