Macmillan Expert Patient Volunteer Manager
15 hours per week, based in Chesterfield
Do you want the opportunity to work for a successful and dynamic organisation that champions the work and changing needs of the Voluntary and Community Sector in Derbyshire?
Derbyshire Voluntary Action is working in partnership with the North Derbyshire Living With and Beyond Cancer Group to develop and manage a community and workplace-based network of “expert patient” volunteers, whose role is to support cancer patients, cancer survivors and those caring for cancer patients in North Derbyshire.
We are seeking an exceptional person to drive forward this non-clinical service.
Do you have what it takes to?
- develop, co-ordinate and manage a high quality service;
- recruit and lead a team of volunteers;
- implement a peer support mechanism for volunteers;
- the first point of contact for the service;
- co-ordinate emotional and practical support on a case-by case basis;
- be responsible for service growth, marketing and promotion, and
- produce verbal and written reports about the service for a range of audiences.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 11 October 2018 (noon)
Interview date: Friday 19 October 2018
Cleaner required for offices and counselling rooms in Chesterfield Town Centre
2 nights per week, hours and times to be discussed
If you are interested please email your CV to: